Alakendu Bodh Niketan Residential
We appeal you to kindly give your contributions for welfare and upliftment of Mentally Retarded Children. Yoy may send your donation in the name of “ALAKENDU BOTH NIKETAN RESIDENTIAL” to fulfill your social obligation.
The executive Council has decided to enlist some patrons, donors and active members from the philanthropist and social service-minded people under the following categories for strengthening this great institution.
Patrons : Those who would donate Rs. 100000/- or above at a time.
Golden Members : Those who would donate Rs. 75000/- or more at a time.
Donor Members : Those who would pay Rs. 50,000/- or more at a time.
Life Members : Those who would pay Rs. 25,000/- or more at a time.
Associate Members : Those who would pay Rs. 10,000/- or more at a time.
Fellow Members : Those who would pay Rs. 10,000/- or more at a time.
Annual Members : Admission fee Rs. 1001/- Annual subscription Rs. 100/-.
Facilities entitled to members : Scope of attending various programmes, seminars, symposium etc. on matters related with the rehabilitation of handicapped and mentally-retarded & other children, boys and girls and also elderly people; Recognition of social worker; Membership Certificate; Members will enjoy the right of giving various suggestion towards developmental and other activities to the Executive Council. They are empowered to visit different centers. They will enjoy voting right for electing Executive Council Members.
- Awareness regarding mental retardation
- Psychological Assessment…IQ
- Daily Activities / Self care(ADL)
- Speech and Language development
- Concept of numbers, objects and time
- Sense of shape and colours
- Devt. of skills useful for prevocational fields
Clinical & Therapeutics Services:
- Physio Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Dance Therapy
- Hydro Therapy
- Behavior Therapy
- Multi Sensory Training Services to achieve its mission
Man Power Development:
A legion of committed and trained man power is necessary to work in this special filed.
This Institute runs several courses to prepare such experts.
- D.ED.S.E.(MR) the Diploma Course is run by Teachers Training Centre Of Alakendu Bodh Niketan Residential in head Office.
- Mothers’ Training Course
- C.R.E. Programme
- Orientation and Refresheer course
- Capacity Building
- Personality Development
- Organizing Workshop, Conference, Seminar
Multi – Dimensional Psycho-Socio Activities:
- Cultural Activities
- Special Olympics
- Celebration of Social & Religious Festivals
- Educational Tours
- Computer Training
Adult Vocational Training Centre:
(Children above 18yrs. are trained for the following crafts at the creativity centre.)
- Weaving (Towel, Bed Sheet, Duster, Napkin, etc.)
- Printing & Book binding (Voucher, Challan, Form, Leaflet, Checklist, etc.)
- Making of Candles
- Carpentry (Dols, Toys, etc.)
- Greeting Cards Making